IBM XPages Development
XPages is a web and mobile application development platform. It allows IBM Lotus Notes data as well as data from relational and other data sources to be displayed to browser clients on all platforms.
- By utilizing web standards, XPages applications can be accessed by web clients and mobile devices, allowing the developer to deliver cross-platform applications.
- Themes can be used to manage multiple CSS files, and XPages comes with default themes, for example the One UI theme.
- As any web application XPages applications can use REST services. XPages also provides easy mechanisms to bind data sources to UI controls so that for many scenarios no code needs to be written.
- XPages allows to declaratively refresh only parts of the page via Ajax when submitting data.
- XPages base internally on JavaServer Faces, but the sources of an XPages page are an XML derivative called XSP which is translated into Java code when running the applications. At runtime, this code returns the HTML to various clients.
- In order to access data, XPages and Domino Designer use data sources. These data sources can be bound graphically to UI controls on pages.
- UI controls and other types of controls show up in a palette of controls in Domino Designer and can be dragged and dropped onto pages. Domino Designer also comes with further convenience functionality, such as field validations and translations.
- XPages functionality can be modularized in Custom Controls which are XPages controls that can be reused in multiple XPages pages and parametrized based on context.
- The XPages runtime can be extended using the Extensibility API which is based on JavaServer Faces.
Banking – Global Customer
Banking – Other
Chemicals & Petroleum Industry
Chemicals & Life Sciences
Computer Services Industry
Business Recovery Services
Computer Leasing and Rental
Computer Maintenance & Services
Energy & Utilities Industry
Electric and Gas Energy
Financial Markets Industry
Financial Markets – Global Customer
Financial Markets – Other
Defense and National Security
Environ., Transp. & Pub. Works
Finance and Administration
Public Safety and Justice
Health Plans / Payors
Healthcare Systems / Hospitals
Physicians / Clinics
Industrial Products Industry
Fabrication & Assembly
Other Insurance, N.E.C.